Advanced Optional Director Training
While the foundational training provides condo directors with a general understanding of their obligations and establishes best practices for good governance, the advanced optional training modules and the companion in-depth guides include additional information on six important topics.
This module provides directors with practical information on condominium governance, including board structure, composition, responsibilities, board culture, by-laws, risk management and maintaining a positive relationship with owners.
Emergency Planning and Preparedness
Assists directors with identifying, planning for and responding to problems that arise suddenly and that may present serious risk to health, life, property, or the environment.
Helps directors make informed decisions related to budgeting, interpreting financial statements, handling reserve funds and more.
Assists directors with monitoring, identifying and quickly resolving both common and uncommon issues before they escalate into more complicated situations.
Overseeing Condominium Managers
Helps directors understand the role of condo managers including how to effectively obtain condominium management services and how to oversee, develop, or terminate the services of a manager.
- Describe the role of the condo manager
- Describe the lifecycle of working with a condo manager, including:
- Planning: Laying the framework to hire a compatible condo manager
- Working: creating an effective working relationship
- Developing & Improving: Managing performance issues as they arise
- Terminating: Transitioning and protecting the community should you need to terminate the working relationship
Provides directors with information about the process of purchasing goods or services for the condo corporation.