Step 4: Condominium Authority Tribunal
You may be able to file an application with the Tribunal if you tried the previous steps and it did not work. The Tribunal provides an online dispute resolution system that helps condo communities resolve condo disputes conveniently, quickly and affordably.
About the Tribunal
Only owners, mortgagees and condo corporations can file a light-related application.
The Tribunal can deal with two different types of light disputes:
- Disputes about unreasonable nuisances, annoyances or disruptions.
- You can file an application about an unreasonable light issue regardless of what your condo’s governing documents say
- Disputes about light provisions in your condo’s governing documents. This includes disputes involving:
- Compliance with provisions in the corporation’s governing documents related to light
- The consistency or reasonableness of those provisions
- The applicability of those provisions
- Any related indemnification or compensation
Previous Tribunal cases
You can read all the CAT’s previous orders and decisions to learn more about the types of light disputes seen at the Tribunal, and how they were resolved.