Parking and storage
Step 4: Condominium Authority Tribunal
You may be able to file an application with the Tribunal if you tried the previous steps and it did not work. The Tribunal provides an online dispute resolution system that helps condo communities resolve condo disputes conveniently, quickly and affordably.
About the Tribunal
CAT uses a three-stage dispute resolution process:
- In Stage 1 – Negotiation, you will work with the other parties to try and resolve the dispute.
- In Stage 2 – Mediation, you will work with a mediator to try and resolve the dispute.
- In Stage 3 – Tribunal Decision, you will be able to make your case to a Tribunal Member in an online hearing. The Member will then issue a binding order.
Only owners, mortgagees and condo corporations can file a parking or storage-related application.
The Tribunal can deal with disputes about parking or storage provisions in your condo’s governing documents. This includes disputes involving:
- Compliance with provisions in the corporation’s governing documents related to parking or storage
- The consistency or reasonableness of those provisions
- The applicability of those provisions
- Any related indemnification or compensation
Previous Tribunal cases
You can read all the CAT’s previous orders and decisions to learn more about the types of parking and storage disputes seen at the tribunal, and how they were resolved.