Skip to content

Pets and Animals

Step 3: Solutions for owners

Here’s what to do now that you’ve identified your issue.

Consider your first step

Did a neighbour or your condo corporation claim that you are causing a pet or animal issue or are not complying with your condo’s governing documents?

Here’s some suggested actions you can take depending on your situation:

Determine what to do next

Do you believe your corporation’s governing documents need to be changed? You can read more about how to raise your concern with the board, but you must still comply with them in the meantime. Communicate with your board early and often about this so you may open the door for a quick resolution. Owners or condo corporations may file a Tribunal case against you if you do not comply.

You may wish to seek legal advice from a paralegal or lawyer licensed by the Law Society of Ontario.

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.
Did you find this page helpful?

Stay in the know with CAO!