Reports to: Director, IT & Service Delivery
The Condominium Authority of Ontario (CAO) is designated under the Condominium Act, 1998 to provide services and resources to condo owners, residents, directors, managers and the general public that aim to promote consumer protection and support condominium communities across the province. The CAO’s services include:
- easy-to-use information, templates and guides that explain rights and responsibilities set out in legislation affecting condominiums;
- guided steps to help stakeholders resolve common issues early and on their own;
- online dispute resolution services through the Condominium Authority Tribunal (CAT);
- condominium director training;
- systems for condominium corporations to file their condominium returns and notices of change;
- searchable public registry to display prescribed information contained in the CAO’s database from filed returns and notices of change.
Purpose of position
This is a 2-year contract position with option for extension in a longer-term project portfolio.
This position will work within the CAO on the development of the Condominium Authority Tribunal-Online Dispute Resolution (CAT-ODR). This role will work closely with the development team, working in Scrum methodology provided through the CAO’s partnership with Cyberjustice based in Montreal, and will support the in-house planning team.
The Full Stack Developer will gain a thorough understanding of the architecture, structure, logic, and backend workflows and processes of the project. This position will be supported by the Project Manager, Cyberjustice development team, Business Analyst, Quality Assurance Analyst, CRM Senior Developer, Technical Writer, and Tribunal SMEs.
- Developing a pioneering, award-winning, platform that aims to improve Ontarians accessibility to justice
- Build a scalable web-based open-source solution that grows with our user base, jurisdiction, and legislation requirements
- Reporting to the Project Manager, work in a Scrum project consists of a dedicated Business Analyst, QA Analyst, Technical Writer, and a remote development team (vendor)
- Designing, developing and implementing Phases 3 and 4 of our live product
- Understanding scope, project goals, and requirements, and providing input towards practical solutions, innovations, and effort estimation
- Participating in planning sessions, workshops, and road mapping process, contributing a perspective on improved production and development approaches, tools, and techniques that blend design sensibilities with the practicalities of web and mobile engineering
- Helping to develop the right level of development practices (CI, unit testing, code review)
- Managing individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Troubleshooting critical issues in the Production environment
- Act as a technical lead for a team of developers in future Phases
Skills and knowledge
- Education in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent post-secondary
- Minimum 5 years of experience in designing and building web applications, web services, or developing large software systems in a .Net framework
- Previous development using Microsoft Visual Studio On-Line (VSO), and Model View Controller (MVC)
- Solid understanding of design and architecture principles and practices
- Strong experience with C#, Entity Framework LINQ
- Developed for Relational Database Systems in Microsoft SQL Server
- Deep understanding of each of the parts that make up a modern web application (APIs, templating, routing, data storage, design patterns, optimization, caching, security)
- Experience in Services creation with WCF and WebAPI
- Strong understanding of Web-based applications and Frameworks
- Creative, independent, proactive and success-driven thinker and worker, fast learner
- Capable of becoming a strong team leader as we scale-up our Development
- Previous experience working with GitHub TFS
- At least one-month training period in Montreal
- Proficient communication skills in verbal and written English
- Website administration experience (SSL, web servers, HTTP, URI)
- Working experience in Azure environment
Nice to have:
- Background with on-prem ERP, MRP, or CRM systems implementation experience is an asset
- Knowledge or interest in Tribunal or court system, especially in Ontario
- Exposure to Dynamics CRM experience (ADX), especially Liquid and jQuery related work
- Knowledge of AODA compliance
- French language
- Office environment
- Gain in-demand knowledge and subject matter expertise in a project
- Ability to work from anywhere
- Young work environment
- Start-up mentality
- Room for growth
We thank everyone for their interest in joining our dynamic team, but due to the high volume of applications received only those qualified will be contacted.
CAO is an equal opportunity employer, encouraging workplace diversity. All qualified individuals will be considered without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
CAO welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.