Reports to: Manager, Communications
The Condominium Authority of Ontario (CAO) is a newly established organization with legislative authority under the Condominium Act, 1998, that aims to improve condominium living by providing services and resources for condo owners. These include:
- easy-to-use information, templates and guides that explain rights and responsibilities set out in legislation affecting condominiums;
- guided steps to help stakeholders resolve common issues early and on their own;
- online dispute resolution services through the Condominium Authority Tribunal (CAT);
- condominium director training;
- systems for condominium corporations to file their condominium returns and notices of change;
- searchable public registry to display prescribed information contained in the CAO’s database from filed returns and notices of change.
Purpose of position
This role is a 6 months contract with an option of extension.
The position is responsible for creating captivating visual and written content for a variety of online platforms including websites, e-blasts, social media channels, videos and more.
The position will support the CAO by supporting the Manager, Communications and all staff with digital communications support at required.
- Drafts and edits communications copy (e.g. news releases, ads, brochures, social media posts, etc.)
- Assists with maintaining website content and executes social media strategies
- Monitors and reports media coverage
- Tracks and reports performance analytics
- Coordinates and tracks translations
- Updates databases and media lists
- Maintains conference and speaking event calendars
- Coordinates events such as conferences and webinars
- Assists with preparation of presentations and reports
- Purchases print and online advertising
- Performs other related duties as needed
Skills and knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field
- 3-5 years of related experience;
- Or the equivalent combination of education and experience 5-7 years of relevant experience working in a similar role.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize under pressure and on tight timelines
- Proficient in MS Office tools
- Advanced knowledge of web and social media analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Advanced knowledge and expertise working with content management systems
- Bilingualism an asset
We thank everyone for their interest in joining our dynamic team, but due to the high volume of applications received only those qualified will be contacted.
CAO is an equal opportunity employer, encouraging workplace diversity. All qualified individuals will be considered without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
CAO welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.