Automation Test Engineer
Title: Test Automation Engineer
Position Title: Manager, Business & Systems Analysis
Department: Information Technology
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario
The Condominium Authority of Ontario is a not-for-profit designated administrative authority. We provide education, consumer protection, information and dispute resolution for condominium communities.
What we offer:
We are a dynamic organization working in a rapidly changing and exciting sector. We value innovation, a get-it-done mindset, collaboration and creativity. We believe in giving our people a chance to learn, grow and shine. We are committed to the well-being and work-life balance of our team members and offer competitive compensation, health benefits, pension and a hybrid work environment. Our office is located in the financial district close to King Station.
Purpose of Position
Working in the IT Department, and reporting to the Manager, Business & Systems Analysis. The Automation QA Engineer conducts system testing related to assessing the functionality of business systems and testing for bugs or issues to ensure the final product meets CAO standards. This position is for an experienced and seasoned individual who will be responsible for QA Automation in our IT Team and would get the opportunity to craft a strategy then deliver on the expectations that have been set.
This is a permanent opportunity.
Quality Assurance (Technical)
- Work with an Agile team on test planning, test preparation and test execution activities in adherence to standards for acceptance testing, regression testing, and production acceptance testing.
- Ability to create optimized test assets and being able to deliver holistic test coverage.
- Review business and functional requirements document to plan test scenarios and strategy in accordance with project scope and/or delivery dates.
- Create quality Manual and Automation test scripts using tools like Selenium (Java/C#), Cypress, Playwright, or other test automation platforms
- Continuous improvement, optimize and automate coverage, execution and automation using CI/CD processes.
- Focusing on the design, development, and implementation of test code while being responsible for creating and maintaining automated test suites to support continuous deployment.
- Capability of designing and executing automation & manual scripts within Agile framework.
- Implement quality engineering best practices within projects.
- Ability to drive automation to meet automation goals.
- Experience in creating automation strategy and plan.
- Experience in requirements analysis and providing an automation solution.
- Understand the concepts of unit, integration, system testing and ability to work with Dev team.
- Make independent and creative contributions to developing manual test cases into automated tests.
- Work collaboratively within a scrum team and actively participates in all team scrum meetings.
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- Supports the onboarding of new employees with functionality of the business systems and system features and operations as related to the specific business system.
- Proactively demonstrates CAO’s values and champions a commitment to organizational culture of diversity, inclusion and equity.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Manager Business and Systems Analysis, Manager, Software Design & Development or the Director IT.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- College diploma or university degree in Information Systems related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years experience in an Automated QA Engineer or similar role
- Experience in planning and estimating QA activities.
- Experience in translating business requirements into test plan and cases to automated test scripts.
- 2+ years experience working in Agile scrum process, actively participate in all team scrum activities.
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation, and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest.
- Expert knowledge of QA practices in agile (scrum), best practices and processes while contributing to testing methods and tool selection direction.
- Test scripting in Selenium, Cypress, playwright, or other test automation platforms.
- Experience with CI/CD using tools like Azure DevOps or Jira or equivalent.
- Solid verbal and written communications skills.
- Nice to have experience with Accessibility Ontario Disability Act (AODA) testing.
The following would be considered an asset:
- Knowledge and interest in Tribunal and/ or court system, especially in Ontario.
- 2 – 5 years of experience working with Dynamics 365 (CRM, ADX and Operations and Finance) in an online environment.
Working conditions/ environment
- Hybrid Environment
- At CAO, the well-being of our employees is a priority and we will follow the necessary protocols to maintain a safe working environment.
We thank everyone for their interest in joining our dynamic team, but due to the high volume of applications received only those qualified will be contacted.
CAO is an equal opportunity employer, encouraging workplace diversity. All qualified individuals will be considered without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
CAO welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About the CAO
Launched in September 2017, the Condominium Authority of Ontario (CAO) remains focused on our vision of harmonious condo communities across Ontario. We support owners through consumer protection, and we strive to reach condo communities throughout the province with our digital service delivery model, which provides our users with access to information, education and dispute resolution.
We welcome diversity in our team, which reflects the nature of the condo communities that we serve. Our organization is also committed to upholding five key values that guide our internal culture:
- Respect for one another’s ideas, diversity, backgrounds, experiences and expertise.
- Trust, where we create a safe environment to present ideas, make mistakes, learn from them, and move on.
- Diversity, where we celebrate our differences and encourage perspective.
- Collaboration, so we can put out heads together and come up with a better solution than working alone.
- Leadership across the team in every position, where we take initiative and are accountable.