Senior Dynamics 365 Developer
Close Date: Until a suitable candidate is found
Position Title: Senior Dynamics 365 Developer (Permanent)
Reports To: Manager, Software Design and Development
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario
The Condominium Authority of Ontario is a not-for-profit designated administrative authority. We provide education, consumer protection, information and dispute resolution for condominium communities.
What we offer:
We are a dynamic organization working in a rapidly changing and exciting sector. We value innovation, a get-it-done mindset, collaboration and creativity. We believe in giving our people a chance to learn, grow and shine. We are committed to the well-being and work-life balance of our team members and offer competitive compensation, health benefits, pension and a hybrid work environment. Our office is located in the financial district close to King Station.
Purpose of Position
Working in the IT, and reporting to the Manager of Software Design and Development, the Developer will support the CAO in developing business solutions in all service areas including website, returns, director training and online dispute resolution. This position will work with other members of the IT team and CAO business stakeholders to develop reliable, stable, efficient software solutions; responsible for technical design, performing reliable and efficient development work and automated QA testing. In addition, the Developer provides technical leadership across the Department, including training, documenting, and project planning.
Development and Operational
- Design, develop and enhance internal Dynamics 365 solutions, leveraging knowledge of best practices and capabilities of the platform
- Provides leadership and technical guidance to the project team throughout the implementation to ensure successful delivery of Project
- Configure and customize the Dynamics CRM system to meet the business needs of CAO, including Sales module, advanced configuration and custom development (Logic Apps and Plugins)
- Collaborate with the other members of the software development team (vendor and internal), business analysts, architects, and other IT professionals to identify needs, define a solution to meet those needs and implement the working, timely solution
- Integrate Dynamics 365 solutions with third-party or in-house built on-prem and cloud applications
- Automate business processes and intelligence with Power Platform (Power Automate, Power BI, PowerApps)
- DevOps automation (testing and deployment)
- Utilize Microsoft Azure services like Function Apps, Web Apps, Service Bus, Logic Apps, etc. to build efficient solutions and integrations.
- Comfortable working with both technical and business teams, flexible in working on a wide variety of projects and initiatives
- Work with the product management team and/or the Project Manager to accurately forecast timing and efforts of work following agile methodology
- Provide timely reports on the status of projects as well as any unforeseen issues to management and business stakeholders
- Troubleshoot problems and fix bugs in a timely manner
- Analyze and recommend ways to improve and modernize existing solutions, systems, and processes.
- Continuously learn, enhance, and apply knowledge in the face of changing technology landscape.
Strategy & Planning
- Create written documentation including system architecture, configuration guides, presentations, and other documents as necessary
- Define, discuss and document solution, application and data architectures Understand, diagnose and recommend solutions for specific functional and technical challenges
- Develops, documents, and communicates plans for investments in system architecture, including analysis of cost-control opportunities
- Conducts research on emerging technologies in support of system development efforts, and recommend solutions that will increase cost-effectiveness, system flexibility, and security
- Recommends additional solutions or enhancements to existing solutions to improve overall functionality
- Research complex problems find optimal solutions and implement them considering best practices
- Advise on best practices for Dynamics 365, development, or integration processes
- Performs the deployment, integration and initial configuration of developed solutions and enhancements to existing solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures generically and CAO’s administrative, operational and security documents specifically.
- Implements strategic goals and tactical plans for managing, maintaining, and optimizing corporate systems and software.
Additional duties as assigned by the Manager of Software Design and Development
Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing, deploying, customizing and integrating Microsoft Dynamics CRM, advanced configuration of CRM out of the box (OOTB) functionalities, installing and deploying CRM Organizations, customizing and creating CRM entities
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform, the Common Data Service (CDS), security model and UCI
- Experience with the Microsoft Power Platform: PowerApps – Canvas, Model-driven apps and Power Automate
- Experience working within an Agile Software Development Process
- Experience with Portal development
- Experience in Data Migration and Synchronization with Dynamics 365
- Working knowledge of source control systems such as Git, TFS
- Experience in working with Fetch XML in a share tenant environment, Online payment system development and integration, ADX Studio / CRM Portal, Sitefinity and portal integration software (e.g. Portal connect, Scribe, etc.), JSON and Liquid development framework, SQL database queries
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and positive attitude
Nice to have
- Experience creating and configuring business workflows and processes using CRM SDK or plugin platforms and Azure logic apps
- CRM Portal (ADX Studio)
- Experience with Azure B2C
- Experience with systems integration using JSON, SOAP, REST technologies will be an asset
- Experience with Azure Dev Ops, Azure Pipelines an asset
- Knowledge and ability to create AODA compliant user interface.
- Experience and interest in administrative authorities, Tribunal or court system, especially in Ontario
Working conditions/ environment
- Hybrid Environment
- At CAO, the well-being of our employees is a priority and we will follow the necessary protocols to maintain a safe working environment.
We thank everyone for their interest in joining our dynamic team, but due to the high volume of applications received only those qualified will be contacted.
CAO is an equal opportunity employer, encouraging workplace diversity. All qualified individuals will be considered without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
CAO welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About the CAO
Launched in September 2017, the Condominium Authority of Ontario (CAO) remains focused on our vision of harmonious condo communities across Ontario. We support owners through consumer protection, and we strive to reach condo communities throughout the province with our digital service delivery model, which provides our users with access to information, education and dispute resolution.
We welcome diversity in our team, which reflects the nature of the condo communities that we serve. Our organization is also committed to upholding five key values that guide our internal culture:
- Respect for one another’s ideas, diversity, backgrounds, experiences and expertise.
- Trust, where we create a safe environment to present ideas, make mistakes, learn from them, and move on.
- Diversity, where we celebrate our differences and encourage perspective.
- Collaboration, so we can put out heads together and come up with a better solution than working alone.
- Leadership across the team in every position, where we take initiative and are accountable.